Some of the services we offer to our farm clients include:
- Obstetrics – calvings, caesareans, prolapses
- Fertility work – both dairy and beef
- Routine tasks such as disbudding, dehorning, castration, lameness
- Herd health planning, including advice where required on current health plans, or how to establish a health plan
- Treatment and prevention of parasitic diseases
- Mastitis investigations and prevention
- TB testing
- Abortion investigation
- BVD testing
- Vaccination protocols
Although the majority of our large animal work involves responding to calvings and calls to sick or injured animals, each of our vets has an interest in herd/flock health and management. Please contact the surgery if you would like to further discuss a herd health plan (existing or new) with one of our vets.
We also stock a wide variety of drugs and treatments, including fluke/worm treatments, and ectoparasite treatments.